Brian Hilton Motor Group aims to provide our customers with the best possible products and services. To achieve this, we aim to make efficient use of the personal information we collect from our customers. We also want our customers to have confidence that in handling personal information, we apply an appropriate level of privacy, whilst complying with the national privacy principles under the Privacy Act 1988.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained. Brian Hilton Motor Group collects personal information from our customers for the purpose of the products and services we offer. Some examples include:
- Responding to enquiries regarding vehicles and vehicle sales, products, accessories and related services;
- Receiving feedback and dealing with complaints;
- Processing orders and administering accounts;
- Providing customer and dealer support;
- Vehicle warranties and product recalls;
- Marketing and promotional activities;
- Product development and market research;
- Complying with our regulatory and legal obligations.
How Do We Collect the Personal Information?
Where possible, Brian Hilton Motor Group will collect your personal information directly from you. This may take place in a number of ways, such as when you:
- Make an order;
- Ask us to provide a product or service in person, over the telephone or internet;
- Use the interactive features of our website, eg: customer enquiry form;
- Provide your personal information with one of our third parties such as a manufacturer, supplier, contractor or regulatory authority.
Who May We Disclose Your Personal Information to?
Whilst it is generally our policy not to disclose customer information, in providing you with a product or service, we may sometimes need to disclose your personal information to another person(s). Examples of this include:
- Manufacturers and related dealerships;
- Parts suppliers;
- A contractor engaged by us to provide a particular service;
- Government authorities, such as a vehicle licensing authority, Australian Taxation Office or Court.
These parties are not authorised by us to use your personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supplied that information to them. Sometimes, the law requires us to disclose personal information.
From time to time, we may use personal information to inform our customers about our products and services, or about special offers and promotions that we think may be of interest to you. You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing material and we will remove these details from our relevant database.
Our company does not disclose personal information to other organizations for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products. However, we may join with other business associates in joint marketing of our respective products and services to customers.
Access / Updating Your Information
We appreciate your help in keeping your details up-to-date by contacting us when such information changes. Please email us changes to your name, address, phone, email or vehicle ownership.
You have rights to access your personal information held by us subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you would like to correct or update your personal information, or seek access to your information, please contact us either by phone, email or at our physical address.
If you have any comments in regard to the information contained within this page or should you want to make an enquiry regarding personal information relating to you that we may in our possession, please contact us via phone, email or at our physical address.
Accuracy of Information
We may update, modify or delete any information contained within or accessible through our web site at any time without notice.
We do not warrant that the information contained within or accessible through our web site is accurate, without error or contain information relating to overseas models. All images, specifications, videos and comments should be verified with us before the time of purchase.
We consider compliance with the privacy laws and principles highly important in servicing you as a customer of our Dealership. If you have any concerns or if you would like to lodge a compliant because you believe we have breached our privacy obligations, please contact us via phone, email or at our physical address.
An appropriate member of staff will address your complaint.
Security of Personal Information
Security of personal information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we protect personal information include:
- Premises security;
- Restricting access to personal information only to employees who need it to perform their job;
- Maintaining electronic technology products that prevent unauthorised company computer data access;
- Security measures in containing our customer paper records.
Need More Information
If you require any further information regarding our customer privacy practices, please do not hesitate to speak to us directly. We will make every effort to answer your queries or clarify our policy, to ensure you are comfortable with the way in which we will manage your personal information